Band Audition Information 2021
Submissions due by May 8th, 2021 – please take your time preparing (set daily and weekly goals to achieve your best performance)
Click here to submit your recording
Below are the instructions on how to complete your virtual audition for the LASA Raptor Band. If you have any questions or need any assistance through this process, please email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to help. We look forward to having you as part of our band family!
For this audition, you will need to submit a video of all of the things listed below. Your phone is an excellent way to do this recording, as long as you set it up far enough away to get your whole upper half and instrument in frame, and far enough away to not overload the microphone. This will take a little bit of experimenting on your part, so let us know if you need any help from us. In general, it is usually easiest to submit your video as a google drive link once you are done filming, but any video submission format works.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need any help with any aspect of this video submission. The goal of these videos is to get the most accurate representation of your current abilities on your instrument, and then to place you in the band class that you are going to be most successful in.
Begin your video by introducing yourself and letting us know what school you currently attend. As you go through each part, please say which scales, exercise, or excerpt you will be playing before you play it.
*If you are unable to record your audition, please email Mr. Mayer*
Woodwinds – Instructions
Use a metronome for #1-3. You may perform #4 without.
- Perform three (3) Major Scales, as many octaves as possible, of your choice – Tongue Up, Slur Down
- Perform the Chromatic Scale at least two (2) octaves – Tongue Up, Slur Down
- Perform the excerpt(s) listed for your instrument – perform as much of each excerpt as you can
- For clarinet and bass clarinet, play any 2 of the 3 excerpts
- Optional (encouraged) – Perform a short (30-60 second) excerpt of your own choice
- For example, part of a solo you’ve previously prepared, part of a district or region band etude, or another piece you feel demonstrates your strengths and talents
Brass – Instructions in the document
Percussion – UPDATED MAY 3rd
Percussion students will complete their audition by submitting the video for Mr. Gall that has been previously discussed during sectionals. Percussion student videos are due May 3rd.