Welcome to the award-winning LASA Raptor Band!
We’re excited to have you become a member of our band family!
Spring Camp (ALL Incoming and Returning Students)
ALL Incoming and Returning Students
- Thursday, April 13 – 4:30-6:30 PM
- Friday, April 14 – 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Thursday, April 20 – 4:30 – 6:30 PM
- Friday, April 21 – 4:30 – 7:00 PM with a PERFORMANCE for family and friends at 6:30 PM
We will play get-to-know-each-other games, learn new songs and pieces, and begin working on our music for the fall semester. Wear shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes. We’ll provide snacks!
Placement Auditions for incoming students will be held at LASA HS on Saturday, May 6th from 9:30am-2:30pm. The auditions will help us place students into the correct band class. All you need to do is put “BAND 1” as your 1st elective choice. The audition music is available on the website. Please click HERE to sign up for a 10-minute time slot to audition for BRASS, WOODWIND, or PERCUSSION.
Special invitation to those who are not in band, but are looking for a very active group to join at your new school: we invite you to consider joining the award winning and exciting LASA Colorguard. The colorguard is the dance, flag, sabre, and rifle section of the band. Members of the marching band (including colorguard) receive P.E. credit during the fall semester. To discover more about Colorguard, visit our website or email Ms. Grace Allen.
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED. Times/Dates are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, except where noted, until school begins in August.
- Tuesday, July 18 – Friday, July 21 – All Percussion and Color Guard members
- Tuesday, July 25 – Friday, July 28 – All Percussion and Color Guard Members, continue
- Wednesday, July 26 – Friday, July 28 – All Brass and Woodwinds Members, begin
- Monday, July 31 – Friday, August 4 – All Members, continue
- Monday, August 7 – Friday, August 11 – All Members, 1:30-7:30 PM (or 5:00-9:00 PM) – see online calendar for finalized times for this week
Interested in being a part of the jazz band? Contact Mr. Ponder East at [email protected]
Email Mr. Seth Lampert at [email protected] with questions.
- Ponder East – Director of Bands – [email protected]
- Jesus torres – Associate Director – [email protected]
- Seth Lampert – Percussion Instructor – [email protected]
- Grace Allen – Color Guard Instructor – [email protected]